Members of the Institute for Trade and Innovation (IfTI) focus on research excellence and an interdisciplinary approach to address fundamental questions of trade and innovation. We enhance multilateral, regional and national institutions as well as corporates to improve impact applying state-of-the-art practical experience and academic research.
Our research covers three core areas:
- Trade Policy, as well as Export Finance and Credit Insurance
- Innovation Policy and Financing Instruments
- Strategy and Business Model Innovation
Recent publications include „The Handbook of Global Trade Policy“ edited by Andreas Klasen (Offenburg) as well as contributions to “Beyond Gridlock” edited by Thomas Hale (Oxford) and David Held (Durham).
Giving evidence for our mission to ‘create meaningful solutions for governments, corporates and society that have a real impact on economic development’, IfTI researchers support benchmarking, strategy, process improvement and evaluation projects for world-class institutions such as
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Asian Development Bank
- Botswana Development Corporation
- EKF Denmark’s Export Credit Agency
- International Credit Insurance & Surety Association (ICISA)
- ITFC, Islamic Development Bank Group
- Ministry of Economy and Employment of Finland
- Volkswagen AG
- World Bank Group
Doctoral researchers and Master students complement our contributions to knowledge and practice with PhD projects such as ‘A modular and cutting-edge governmental support framework for SMEs’ internationalisation’, or developing ‘An economic impact model for developing countries’ government innovation programmes’.